Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

arty


this is a view of the railings at st pauls. it was one of those evenings i was going over to the tate modern (seeing the rather excellent frida khalo exhibition)when i wandered through paternoster square and thought "mmm wish i had my tripod with me...." (and yes i do go mmmm, if i was doc savage it would be a trilling sound but that is another matter altogther).

so for the time being here is a pic of the railings.
it is one of those buildings that is truely wonderful.

i will leave it to emma to explain the link between it and christchurch in spitalfields.

6 comments:

ems said...

Emma is stumped. Ley lines?

Like the photo.

ems said...

This is bugging me. It must have something to do with Iain Sinclair and psychogeography. If it isn't ley lines it must be something to do with drawing alchemical symbols on maps and looking at the connections and links. Is that what psychogeography is?

Hobbit's Journal said...

It's a good photo, has that certain something.

ems said...

I did post a comment this morning when I got to school but it isn't here...

Clearly too much thought about this link last night - looking for something deep. I realised this morning that Hawksmoor (Christchurch) helped Wren with the design andd building of St Paul's. There are suggestions in some quarters thatdrawings attributed to Wren are actually Hawksmoor's.

Hobbit's Journal said...

I have read your blog and it was most unhelpful, I shall do my very utmost to avoid it. For a brighter look on life try this blog - http://hobbits-journal.blogspot.com

pat said...

i suppose i could have said the central line and/ or the 15 bus.