Search This Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

treat

there are times when it is worth coming into work. today was one of them.
got a package. mmm not what i thought, not going to be interesting at all, ooh a little deflated.
by jove and all things that issue forth from the bottoms of the lords of fire it is a rare old treat indeed.

a pal, who knows me far too well, had sent me perhaps one of the greatest toys of all time.
the die hard palz

i am a die hard (geddit it) bruce willis fan - you will never hear me say he has made a duff film (well it is easy - as he never has). with die hard he starred in a seminal action film, that pitted joe average against the forces of evil and joe average with a quip, a cigarette and a well placed expletive came out on top.

just check these out and you know this is the bestest toy ever (until the next bestest one comes out)

and a big yippie-kai-yay goes out to inspector jim (or big fellah to those who know him) (gruff exterior but a heart of gold and always a kind word to the local lags).






2 comments:

MissMinxtress said...

Glad I'm not the only Die Hard fan-it and Brucey had a big impact on me as a youth. If I was in trouble I wanted him to rescure me.
I recently bought the DVD box set and felt a little guilty and silly but was very happy with it.
And how nice of your friend to think of you.
You realy are a lego nut arn't you!

pat said...

well inspector jim and me we are spiritually connected by bruce.

i am not afraid to admit that in a manly way i love bruce.
i am not afraid to admit i can sit and watch the die hard film, last boy scout and many others endlessly (and in some cases i can recite the scenes...)
i am not afraid to admit that i shed a very manly tear when michael clarke duncan said "harry you the man..."

the palz (not strictly lego if one is being pedantic about it) are one of several bruce willis toys i have.
i still need to get the pulp fiction mini mates.
and the sin city figures.

bruce rules.