Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2005

digby

i have written about digby in the past. i will write about him in the future (a deeply depressing thought that is...)
today he woke me up to complain about the price of gas and that the government should work out a coherent and integrated energy strategy.
mmm hold on digby dear chap - arn't the energy companies in private hands? arn't they just making profit as they see fit? isn't it all about supply and demand? surely these (often not english) energy companies should be looking into alternative energy supplies as part of their r&d?
no of course not that is what the government should do, with our tax money - because you and the cbi do not want to pay reasonable taxes.....
typical.

oh if that was not bad enough he has a whinge about the money the government might be spending on the unions because of the warwick agreement. the government shouldn't get involved there as it might upset a businessman or two (and digby is as two men) but when it comes to them doing somehting that might aid the workers then it should be hands off.

it wouldn't be so bad if he was challanged and questioned on this sort of stuff, but he isn't. he is just left to say what he likes.

hate him.
i really should stop listening to radio 5.

1 comment:

Shep said...

Nicki Campbell is really starting to grate - I actually do a minute jump-for-joy when I discover there's a fill-in during the morning show.

Peter Allen (drivetime) is by far their best presenter. Class through and through.

At my reunion at the weekend I chatted to my friend who works on air/camera for BBC. I always had a crush on Nina Hossain (who now has got a good job with teatime ITN News). "Quite timid and shy, wasn't she?" I offered. "Not really," my friend responded, "The moment she got the job at ITN she left her husband and shagged the political editor..."

It only made me fancy Nina more...