Search This Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

pics

my pal paul challenged me to take some happy pictures.
it is a tough one, i am not one of nature's happy people. to me the glass is never half full, it is always empty.
plus paul wasn't stupid he issued his challenge at that time of year when i at my most vulnerable, when i can't back the utter disdain for most people as they all indulge in the frolics and shenanigans that is christmas.
yes i admit, i don't deny it. i am a grinch.
i am the daddy grinch.
i am the grinch master.
the overgrinch.
the ubergrinch.
i hate christmas.
remember that. (actually you won't be able to forget it as i will moan and drone on about it for weeks.)

what in all that runs through blue cheese has this go to do with pictures you all chant.
not a lot i reply, stealing a hackneyed catch phrase along the way...

here are some pictures i took on the way to work this very day.
they are happier than most i take because:
1] during the day.
2] they involve nature.
3] no people.

enjoy.











i like the fact this sign is there - because you woul just fancy a dip in this coffee coloured water..... not.



and just to prove the cynical heart still beats. here is one i call water feature- it makes all ponds look exceptional.

7 comments:

Hobbit's Journal said...

Happy pictures my arse, they smack of drearydom (is there such a word!?). Still like you, I despise christmas with a passion.

pat said...

they are happy pictures for me.

if you think of happiness as a swiming pool.
with the deep end being happy happy joy joy.
then i am still in the changing room. and even when i get to the pool i will be starting in the shallows.

no point jumping into the deep end.

MissMinxtress said...

You're a funny man
I really like the pigeon pic, not overly "happy" perhaps but lovely and serenely happy I feel. Two pigeons contemplating life.
Ok I'll shut up now.
Except to say that I join you in your Grinchness.
Maybe we should organise some kind of anti-christmas thingy.

pat said...

minxtress is that:
funny ha ha?
or
funny move to the other side of the room ?

coolbuddha said...

A fellow Christmas hater! Not that I am a miserable git - much.

akash_senjaliya said...

This is awesome...

akash_senjaliya said...

This is awesome...