Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2004

why

i am the first person to admit that i do not have my finger on the pulse. i am the first person to admit that my ideas my not be cutting edge (or for that matter particularly original). but there are a number of things about the world we live in that always leave me flabbergasted.

such as why does time slow down so much when other people are in the queue in front of you ? there i was standing in front of my local cash machine (atm for the americans among you) and all i wanted to do was take some money out so that i could come to my local coffee shop, drink the nectar of the gods that is caffeine and type some words of wisdom. but no what do i get the slowpoke - they seem to type their numbers in like i do dot-dash-dot-dash and the machine whirrrrrls and clicks like it does for me - but it takes so much longer. i swear i could have printed the money up faster than the bloke in front of me got his from the machine! i wouldn't mind if this was an odd occasion but no it happens pretty much every time there is someone in front of me waiting to get cash!
i get to the machine and faster than steven segal can say budda bing i have my money in my hand.
why?

to compound matters in tescos the bloke in front of me - spent minutes counting out loose change - he pretty much counted out all 81 pence he needed. while across from me another bloke argued about the change he should get.
why me? why?

i have still yet to come to terms with the hanging down trouser fashion. it's where skinny people end up wearing trousers that are too big for them and so they have the waist positioned just south of their arses. (ok i admit on some women i don't mind this fashion), but on blokes it looks so silly as not to be true. i watched (yes i had to stop and look) one bloke waddling down the road like he was a modern day charlie chaplin - his waist band almost at mid thigh. all i could think was how stupid he looked with his trousers like that, how utterly twatish he was as he waddled, and when he broke into a little run i nearly had a hernia laughing, as all he could do was shuffle his feet a little bit from side to side. he soon had to stopped to pull them up. very very sad and very very funny.
then it set me thinking why do people dress like that - in my day (when mars bars were 5p and you could have a three course meal and still have change from a £1 note) the only people who dressed like that were tramps and dossers. now people pay to have ill fitting clothes.

why do newspapers have so many supplements in them on sunday? it's not like i can ever read them all. and not only do they have the supplements they also have all those little bits that fall out and make the reading of the paper a right nightmare.

right thats the end of this little rant about absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

daenielle said...

We have the same 'pants issue' here in Malaysia too. My brother's call the fashion 'drop pants'. Self explanitory, really.

It is something i fail to understand too. It doesn't even look good, besides the fact that it can't in any way be practical as you constantly have to avoid tripping, since the pant legs are too long half the time. Sheesh...the eighth wonder of the world.