Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

music

i was never a fan of lou reed or the velvet underground they just sounded dull to me. then my boss leant me lou reed’s ‘new york’ album and i enjoyed it. i still wasn’t a fan. then i was chatting to one of my regular retailers. as ever we were chatting shit about shit. we got to talking about music. he told me how he had bought lou reed’s metal machine music and how he hated it. he described it as three sides of static and feedback.
to me that sounded like three sides of wonderment.
i tracked down a cheap cd version of it.
played it.
loved it.
it was the prototypical industrial noise album.
wonderful stuff.


what you hear in the video isn't really the same as what appears on the album, not that it makes any difference as it is still noisey and it is still ear spilittingly fantabulous.

feel free to join the the chorus it goes like this "wooooaaaarghughghghgaaaaaaaaaascrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeech".

No comments: