Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2005

technology

i am a user of technology.
i wish i was rich as i would buy loads of wonderful technological things (some that would be useful, some that would just look nice, some that i want but have no real need for. i would list all of them that i would but it would be a very long list).
but i also have an odd relationship with technology - it seems to hate me.

so given i hate mobile phones it should come as no surprise that my mobile phone has not worked properly since i have had it.
for a long time i couldn't turn it off.
now i can turn it off.
used to be able to get text messages.
now i can't read them (the phone teases me by letting me know i have the text, but it just won't let me read them...)

and now thanks to the miracle of technology i have managed to delete all my numbers.... i am not sure how i did it, but i have. all those numbers of all those people i had stored in case i would ever need them (such as rocket pizza) have now all disappeared. so i will have to start the long boring process of 1] remembering who they were 2] asking them to give me their numbers 3] adding them back into the phone.
not really sure why i am going to go to all that trouble as i rarely use it, but somehow i think i should pretend to be part of the 21st century and have a mobile filled with numbers. especially as, unlike my pal paul who has a phone that can show movies, my cheap arsed phone does nothing beyond making and receiving calls.....

technology can't live with it, can't kill it.

1 comment:

pat said...

i would settle for that.
the most important thing mine does is wake me up....