Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2004

computers

i have a love hate relationship with computers. they know this and every so often they crash and burn on me. in recent months i have had to replace 2 cd drives, have a new hard drive installed and this ignores all the programme quirks that seem only to happen to me.
the box has only just come back from our IT maintaince guys last week.

so when i was searching for iampat on google (ok i admit it i am vain) and had one of those annoying websites that just won't go away, so much so i had to go to task manager to get rid of it.

on exiting that i discovered that my screen had flipped so that everything was upside down. the mouse worked upside down and it was very hard to get it to go anywhere i wanted it.
oh no i thought annoying website has given me a stupid virus and this is what it does.
turn off machine.
reboot it.
mmmm so far so good.
bugger.
its still upside down.

have to phone the IT bods - the shame of it.

only to discover that this pointless thing - the turning of your screen upside down is actually a thing you can make the computer do (alt-control- up/down arrow keys). what in the name of spiro agnew is that for, what purpose can it serve. tell me tell me.

like i say i love to hate my computer.

No comments: