Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

questions

questions i was asked this weekend.
while i was having a coffee in brick lane two emo goth girls approached me. in accented english (i think they were dutch) they asked me if i were french. i told them no.
what i should have said was 'why do you think i am french?'

while on the tube i noticed a young lady jump on and sit down near me. she was pretty in an interesting way. another girl sat opposite her. girl one started up a conversation about girl two being an archetypal metal girl. i am not sure what the evidence was for this but she seemed to have gotten it partly right. they chatted for a bit. girl one was also a bit of a metal fan, worked in the civil service and recently suffered the loss of her granny.
girl 2 gets off the tube after a girly hug, i am not so sure that girl 1 didn't want more (or maybe that was just me being pervy).
girl 1 looks around at the rest of the tube. hunts around in her bag. turns to me and asks if i had any chewing gum. nope i reply. she finds some gum. offers me some. i decline.
girl 1 then asks me what sort of music do i like. i tell her. she asks about bands i like. i reel of a list. she nods. she tells me i should check out a band called riverside.
she asks me where i live. i tell her. only two more stops for me. i ask her how much longer she is on the tube for - she has to go to mile end station and change there.

as i walked off the tube i couldn't believe i didn't at least try to swap facebook details. she was cute and she liked metal.

missed opportunity.
story of my life.

No comments: