Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

crying

for all my bluff and bluster i am a softee.
quite often i well up when watching, reading or listening to something.

there are two things that are guaranteed to reduce me to a blubbing wreck.

i 'discovered' regina spektor through a song of hers that was being used by sky to sell one of their packages. the song 'us' was just an upbeat ditty sung by someone with a strong but quirky voice. i found out who the singer was, got one of her lps and the rest is pretty much history.
pretty much from the first time i heard 'samson' i had a lump in my throat. it gets me everytime i listen to the song.
so here it is for your enjoyment:



i have probably spoken of 'field of dreams' before. it is one of my favourite films. when we went to see it was just a movie. by the end it was more than just a film - it was something that would have the power to reduce me to tears each and every time i watched it. oddly as the years (and viewings) have mounted up i cry earlier,and for different reasons, in the movie. it won't be long before just looking at the cover makes me blub outrageously.
as i sat in the cinema watching the screen there was nothing to warn me of what was to happen. i was enjoying it an entertaining feel good movie. then just at the end came the scene that made me sniffle. my waterworks observed by my pal paul. who to his credit has never let me forget it.
and for your pleasure;here is the scene:



it still makes me weep.

No comments: