Search This Blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

stressed

currently i am stressed out. my sleep patterns resemble a pollock action painting. my normal sunny disposition has been replaced by a more scowly pat. it doesn’t take a genius to work out why (yeah yeah i can hear some of you shouting out “cut down on the coffee dude!”) the reason is i have no idea what i am going to do come october.
i could up sticks and move to the north in order to keep my job. i am not keen on this for the simple reason i am a londoner and i just can’t imagine living outside of london. but the move is the safe option.
i could take the money and run, looking to find work in london and just cut back on the fripperies i fill my life with.

and while my current idea of selling everything i own, cashing in everything i have and moving to thailand to open a whorehouse is attractive i suspect it is a little impractical.

so i guess i am going to remain somewhat stressed out for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess people are shying away from offering any advice on this one but I think I am quite well qualified. Forgive my presumptiveness.

My only regret in life is staying at Diamond ages after it stopped being fun. Being made redundant was one of the best things that ever happened to me -- not quite up there with my wife emailing me in 2002 or my kids being born but in the same ball park.

My advice -- don't go to soulless Warrington, ask whoever is in charge these days for more money ( it worked for me in 1999 ) and enjoy your new life in the real world.

Whatever you do, all the best to you and the rest of the Titan crew