Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2005

yoda

well i walked out of the genesis cinema at 3am this morning and i was a happy bunny.
it was wookietastic.
it had all you wanted in itlightsaber duels (look at yoda kick butt), it had big spacecraft, explosions, wookies, more explosions, betrayal, hope, action.
and when the luke and leia themes played ah the fanboy in me smiled and yelped with joy.
there were some things wrong with it and some things i just want more of. the thing i missed the most was being in the cinema with my pal adam and just recreating those great days of teenhood where the only thing you (well i) worried about was zits and helen jones (no longer worry about the zits but there is always a lady or two on my mind).

to those of you who are not star wars fans (that would be you emma and you paul) the attraction of it is hard to explain as you either get it or you don't. but i have been a fan of the movies since i saw the first one. i am not an obsessive about them (honest) i just enjoy the cinematic experience. there was a time when i could have gone all jedi on people - but have you seen the amount of books and stuff devoted to it... no way jose. 6 films to enjoy is enough.
well actually thats not true - lets get that pettition started for the last 3 films to be made.

oh geeky saddnes your name is pat.....

3 comments:

Hobbit's Journal said...

Ah yoda is a veritable god !! I worship yoda, I kiss his green scalp with reverence !

You are not alone my jedi geek - the force is with us.

Shep said...

Been looking forward to seeing the movie at the weekend, and meanwhile I thought I'd download LEGO Star Wars...for the kids.

Schyeah right. Spent all yesterday evening (after the kids had gone to bed of course)on it, making Mini-Anakin jump, and the singular joy of seeing Mini-Maul made me spit my strong strength cider down my top.

I'll forgive a lot of things these days, and I forgive George Lucas all the bad things, 'cos he's given me LEGO Star Wars.

pat said...

not sure if i have an intense fascination for the star wars movies. they do not move me in the way that say "field of dreams" does, i don't go back to them as often as i do "die hard" .
although i count "star wars" (fisrt realesed movie or #4 in the series) among my favourite 10 films of all time i don't do it because it is a GREAT film but just because i really really enjoyed it and i keep enjoying it.

paul the fact you will go and see it proves something given how few movies you go to see.
i think one of the problems of people watching the films is that they often forget that they are for kids (and kids at heart) and try to think of them as something that they are not...

going to scrub my mind of the image of jay and yoda getting it on like some sort of ron jeremy meets paris hilton home movie. ugh ugh ugh.