Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

coffee@

to say i am upset would be an understatement.
to say i am shocked would be like explaining bears shitting in woods.
there i was last sunday having a couple of nice coffees. chatting with the owner. ten years he says, really i say, yes says he. crikey that is a lot of coffee i have drunk is my reply. (quite why you would think my conversation would be sparking after reading this blog is beyond me).
that was followed by a conversation with an electronics geek, all angles and enthusiasm for valve transistors (he lost me at valve).

today i am in my local newsagent i am having a rant (it is something i do quite a lot in the newsagent - i think it is the proximity of multiple copies of the daily mail that does it). he is used to me ranting, sometimes he joins in. as with most middle aged blokes we cover a lot of ground in the conversation. we set right the worlds of sport, culture, politics and the economy with the occasional break for a look out the window at the bevy of beauties that stroll down the whitechapel high street.

after a full rant i needed a coffee. i had been missing my fix of coffee at coffee@ over the last few days as they had closed early. so off i go. before i get there i chat to a local retailer. he is normally a happy chappie with a ready smile and a quick wit. i mention that i am going to fight off the cold with a coffee.
then he drops the bombshell: coffee@ has been closed down because of problems at the bank.
my immediate thought? fuck fuck fuck fuck no no no fuck fuck fuck no fuck no.

well that has fucked up my regular treat. i can only hope that the finances can be resolved and i can once again drink coffee at coffee@.

in the meantime it looks like i will be getting my hit of latte with an extra shot in the newly opened nude espresso.

but my weekend has been somewhat dipped in shit.

1 comment:

ems said...

Blimey!

Is this why you're not answering your phone or my messages?!