Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

liberals

kennedy - oooops
oaten - ooooops
hughes - oooooops

now it is just getting silly.
i have nothing against people doing silly things in their private life, but to run for the leader of your party and not to expect the newspapers (oh ok i know i am crediting the sun with a little too much gravitas here) not to go out of their way to dig for dirt is just silly.
oaten appears to have been foolish in thinking he could escape any scrutiny.
hughes was just stupid because he got caught in a lie of his own making, if he had stuck to a cameron style defense of "i am not telling you nana nana nah" rather than barefaced lie, then perhaps there would be sympathy for him. and frankly is anyone shocked by the revelation?

oddly the sun's terry kavanagh was called to defend the headline "another one bites the pillow", and could only say it was funny (i confess it made me chuckle, but i know why it made me chuckle)and that people who didn't find it funny were po faced. however kavanagh wasn't going to explain the pillow biter joke, because he knew it was a crass one (even if it made me chuckle, but i am not sophisticated).

who would be a liberal democrat right now?
david cameron has to be laughing to himself right now. he was accused of doing drugs and gets away with it. more and more i have the scary feeling that the new tories will do very very well in the next election.

3 comments:

ems said...

But did Hughes lie? Wasn't he asked if he is gay? He has admitted to relationships with men and women which makes him bisexual...

Shep said...

I must admit I spat out my toast laughing at the 'Limp-Dems' quote from The Sun.

I think Ems is nitpicking slightly. When The Independent asked him if he was gay, Mr Hughes replied: "No, I am not.". Perhaps he should have added "...at the moment!"

It's like Clinton saying "I didn't have intercourse with that woman...I just licked her arse and jizzed over her dress!"

Or "I didn't inhale - I just did a shitload of Coke"

Shep said...

Oh yeah forgot to add...the whole party's fucked now anyway!