Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

corridor

a picture from the disused corridors of power theat was once county hall.
the building remains magnificent even if it is no longer the seat of london's power.
for a while it was an art gallery, where saatchi was going to take on the might of the tate modern. a falling out with the landlords meant charlie was on his way (his new gallery which opens next year does look spectacular).
the event i was there to see was not the most exciting of occassions, but i loved walking around the place.


3 comments:

ems said...

Fantastic photo.

Hobbit's Journal said...

Must confess to liking it too

Cynnie said...

I love museums!..I think it's because i love history..So i am attracted to older art , and older buildings.
New stuff I just can't wrap my head around..I suppose thats a sign that I'm an old fuck.

I also love old catholic churches..
They are amazingly beautiful..

My biggest regret in life is that I don't have the talent ( in words ,painting or photo ability) to show people the things i have seen .