Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

addiction

over the last few years i have come to realise that i have an addictive personality (which isn’t to say that once someone meets me they can never get enough of me) but more to do with the fact that i can get addicted to things very easily and that i find myself moving quickly from a case of just using something through indulging myself to outright abuse.
luckily must of my addictions are “harmless” and i can handle them (i can give it up tomorrow if i choose to – honest, just a touch of flu guv…..)
among my addictions i count chocolate, cream cakes, coffee and diet coke (my self love habits i do not regard as an addiction more an exercise regime),
a new recent addition to this role call of weakness is the return of a childhood favourite – nesquik.

i rediscovered nesquik in my local cinema, i tried a strawberry flavoured drink and was hooked. soon each trip to the cinema was accompanied by a large nesquik. each time i ordered i got funny looks. looks which reminded me of the time when me and my mate paul (hi paul!) went to cinema and we stacked up and several large bags of chocolate and then both asked for a diet coke each. well the withering look we got from the assistant there just lead to us (well maybe just me) saying in a whiney voice “but we prefer the taste of diet coke……”
so now the trip to the cinema is worthwhile not only because of the film but because there would be nesquik, ah be still my beating heart…. if only life were that simple and pleasure came that easily.
just as i had gotten into a routine with the nesquik the cinema dropped it.

but now i can have my fix of pink sugary milk at anytime as my local sainsburys now has nesquik on sale. i am fulfilled again – the aisles of the supermarket sing out their greetings to me each time i go in – dance merrily as i search out the nesquik pack.

so i have a new guilty pleasure and it’s name is nesquik.

visit the world of nesquik here

6 comments:

ems said...

I do remember the evening you ordered so much in Pizza Hut, Pat, that the waitress thought you'd ordered for me too and went to walk off...

pat said...

emma - i can't remember that.
paul - i can't remember that either.

i must be in denial.

i do remember going to leeds and although being told that the portions would be larger than in london ordered what i normally ate - and it almost beat me....

i accept the greedy tag, hangs head in shame though.

ems said...

If it helps I can tell you it was after the proportional representation thing in Westminster Hall and the Pizza Hut was on Charing Cross Road. Fortunate I have such a good memory isn't it?

pat said...

still don't think it was me. are you sure you are not trying to sex up you recollection of my reports on PMD's (pizza mainly deep-pan)?

or it could be i am such a glutton that what seems a lot to others is me taking it easy.

i will worry the day i turn into bob cook or win wiacek.

Anonymous said...

the real question is even with all that, how do you and paul keep those oh so tight beach bodies

pat said...

richard - hello.
talking of my beach(ed whale) like body reminds me you owe me a meal.
so it will be a double xl large pizza for me.